Re: security problem? - spw9a message

From: Chuck (none_at_example.net)
Date: 08/04/04

Date: 4 Aug 2004 14:11:08 -0500

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:14:45 +0000 (UTC), "george" <NOSPAM@btinternet.com> wrote:

>Thanks for your reply. I do have both ad-aware and spybot and neither have
>detected any problems, so I am a little puzzled...

George,

If neither AdAware or Spybot S&D provide results, try HijackThis.
<http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3155>

Create a separate folder for HijackThis, such as C:\HijackThis - copy the
downloaded file there. Then, run HijackThis ("Scan"). Do NOT make any changes
immediately. Save the HJT Log.
<http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=227>

Finally, have your HJT log interpreted by experts at one or more of the
following security forums (and post a link to your forum posts, here):
Aumha: <http://forum.aumha.org/index.php>
Net-Integration: <http://forums.net-integration.net/>
Spyware Info: <http://forums.spywareinfo.com/>
Spyware Warrior: <http://spywarewarrior.com/index.php>
Tom Coyote: <http://forums.tomcoyote.org/>

Cheers,
Chuck

  • Re: Getting rid of program loaded from website
    ... I use Firefox as my ... If this involves about:blank, HijackThis ... following security forums (and post it, or a link to your forum posts, here): ... Spyware Info: ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Internet problems..
    ... Report success / exact text of error messages. ... also need HijackThis, and expert advice. ... following security forums (and please post a link to your forum posts, ...
  • Re: security problem? - spw9a message
    ... If neither AdAware or Spybot S&D provide results, try HijackThis. ... following security forums (and post a link to your forum posts, ... Spyware Info: ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: security problem? - spw9a message
    ... If neither AdAware or Spybot S&D provide results, try HijackThis. ... following security forums (and post a link to your forum posts, ... Spyware Info: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Ad-Aware software
    ... >downloaded Ad-Aware it found a tun of items in my registry ... Plus, if you have any specific symptoms, HijackThis and expert ... following security forums (and post it, or a link to your forum posts, here): ... Spyware Info: ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)