Re: Read only Access of Local security policies remotely

From: achancco (achancco_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/04/04

Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 15:09:02 -0700

Thanks. That's what I thought. Is there a tool that could create a mmc console from the command line with the local security settings snap-in and save it into a .msc file format which can be placed in a share folder and be updated with a batch job.
The tool would need to work with W2k server as well W2003.

thanks,

-alfredo

"Steven Umbach" wrote:

> You can delegate regular users permissions to a GPO in a domain for linking and
> editing purposes but as far as I know there is not a way to give a user just
> read access to Local Security Policy on a computer. -- Steve
>

> "achancco" <achancco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'd like to provide read -only access of these policies to a network group for
> one or more of my servers but I am not sure how to go about setting it up.
> >
> > thanks,

Relevant Pages

  • master browser messages in evenlog on firewalled machine
    ... I have a hosted server that was set up by the hosting company to use ... the local security settings as a firewall (in the "local security settings" ... It seems to me that either the packet filtering is implicitly letting ...
  • master browser messages in evenlog on firewalled machine
    ... I have a hosted server that was set up by the hosting company to use ... the local security settings as a firewall (in the "local security settings" ... It seems to me that either the packet filtering is implicitly letting ...
  • Re: how to stop deleting docs&settuser folders with logging off?
    ... But this server does not have Policies, only the Local Security Settings. ... I've noticed when a user is member of Domain Admins the folder is not ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients)
  • Re: XP join SBS 2003
    ... stumbled across this but in the local security settings ... >> ping and talk to the server from the client. ... >> name of the workstation, ... >> I also didn't modify the server network card. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • URGENT!!!: ASPX Page not served through external access
    ... I have an C# .NET Web Application installed on a server. ... goes of and compiles a list of search results and displays them to the user. ... and what my local security settings are. ...