Disable Help

From: Barry (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/03/04

Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 08:17:40 -0700

For Internet Explorer you need to remove the Ntfs
permisions on the file \WINNT\Help\Iexplore.chm
Its neater in Internet explorer because you dont get any
error message the help just dosnt open.

suggestion
>on the Microsoft site stating that I need to change Ntfs
>access to the winhlp32.exe dosnt work. The PC's are
stand
>alone no Doimain, so I cant use group policies to
disable
>the help. Any suggestions as to how I can disable the
>help in Both Internet Explorer and remove/disable it
from
>the Start Menu?
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Disable Help
    ... I figured out that you just need to remove Ntfs ... You get an error message but at least it works. ... Its neater in Internet explorer because you dont get any ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: guest or limited account security
    ... > account, if you go to internet explorer and in address you type C:, or My ... > Computer, or Control Panel, everything is opening up, one's you there you can ... What file system are you using - NTFS, ... the General properties sheet. ...
  • Re: Locking down apps on local machine
    ... Not exactly the way NTFS was meant to be used. ... >If you use the ntfs file system, ... Be careful with deny permissions as ... >Internet Explorer will not stop a user from accessing the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: "IE has experienced a problem and needs to close" error
    ... it is much more common for that error message to arise when having ... You cannot open a new Internet Explorer window or nothing occurs after you ... > malware, spyware, etc. Can I determine, then, that this ...
  • Re: IE6 Crashing Unexpectadely
    ... Error Message: ... Internet Explorer May Shut Down Unexpectedly If You Have Set Windows and ... Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers. ... >> The Internet Explorer Repair Tool ...