NTFS discovers my secrets

From: Tom (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/27/04

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:39:55 -0700

Yesterday I created in my NTFS a file named SECRET.TXT.
A few minutes later I deleted it in the dos box by DEL
SECRET.TXT.

Today I created the file named SECRET.TXT again at the
same place in the NTFS. But the date of creation was
YESTERDAY - not today!!!

This reveals, that someone on this machine did this
YESTERDAY.
This can be a secret that no one should know!!!
This is a security hole!!!

Tom

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Converting RAW HD Format to XP NTFS with out losing any data
    ... Don't use DOS tools to try to repair your NTFS volume. ... The only recourse, normally, is to format the volume. ... You haven't yet mentioned Disk Management. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: NTFS and Dos
    ... >>I have been using WinXP for some time strictly on a Fat32 file system. ... >Bear in mind there's not much in the way of recovery tools for NTFS, ... pack) and read the data off the disk. ... >>DOS problem is explained properly? ...
  • Re: NTFS and Dos
    ... You know much more about fixing FAT32 than I do. ... write to an NTFS file system. ... >Several utilities and tools can see Long File Names from DOS or DOS ... Three types of LFN support: ...
  • Re: NTFS and Dos
    ... >>I have been using WinXP for some time strictly on a Fat32 file system. ... >Bear in mind there's not much in the way of recovery tools for NTFS, ... pack) and read the data off the disk. ... >>DOS problem is explained properly? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)