Re: port 25 open

From: Miha Pihler (miha-news_at_atlantis.si)
Date: 07/20/04

    Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:49:51 +0200

    Hi,

    Since you have Exchange installed (and probably published through ISA) port
    25 should be opened -- if you want to receive e-mail from internet to your
    Exchange server...

    If you don't want or need an e-mail from internet, you can close your port
    25.

    If you will leave your port 25 open (for incoming e-mails) then make sure
    you have your Exchange server configured not to relay e-mail for any
    external domains but yours...

    I hope this helps,

    Mike

    "ntwrk admn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Someone do me a favor and go to www.sygatetech.com ,
    > click on Quick Scan and tell me what your port 25 reads.
    > Should this be open, closed, or blocked? I understand
    > what port 25 does, but not sure if it being open is safe
    > and / or correct. Seems like it should be blocked or
    > closed. I'm running SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000, and ISA
    > firewall.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.

    • Re: SharePoint 3.0: problems with external access
      ... Create a new certificate for the WSS 3.0 website? ... "Go to 'Alternate Access Mappings' and in the 'Internet Zone' for your ... Port 443 won't work because it is already used by the Default Web Site. ... What you need to do is create a wildcard certificate and use it in ISA. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: 45 days STUCK LIKE CHUCK. DNS / Mx record cant recieve emails
      ... you've pretty much ruled out Exchange configuration. ... Exchange not listening on the Internet NIC. ... You can test the connection from within the LAN, ... I'm thinking that leaves the NAT device blocking port 25. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: SBSServer processes Port 80 blocked
      ... ISA rules will apply anyway. ... I've found that certain Windows apps don't work properly because they get ... What does it mean to send over port 80? ... He is in the BackOffice internet ...
      (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
    • Re: SharePoint 3.0: problems with external access
      ... "Go to 'Alternate Access Mappings' and in the 'Internet Zone' for your ... Port 443 won't work because it is already used by the Default Web Site. ... What you need to do is create a wildcard certificate and use it in ISA. ... The steps to publish WSS 3.0 applications behind ISA 2004 are the same ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • ISA 2004 SP1 and Exchange 2003 OWA Problems
      ... I have Windows 2003 Server as a domain controller with Exchange ... An ADSL router forwards all external, inbound port 80 traffic to my ... The ISA listener is on port 81. ... >>From an external address OWA works almost perfectly. ...
      (microsoft.public.isa.publishing)