Re: FTP connection doesn't ask for login and password

From: Keith Langmead (klangmead_at_nospam.kms.co.uk)
Date: 07/16/04

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:12:24 +0100

Surely that's what you were expecting? If you've given read access to
anonymous then it will have access to download / copy files. Do you mean
that it can upload files instead?

What FTP software are you using? Some of them (I believe WS_FTP does for
instance) allows you to specify what it should use when connecting somewhere
which allows anonymous ftp, so it will login with that information, rather
than prompt you each time.

Keith

"Nancy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a dial-in setup to our server to be able to
> download files. I have setup anonymous login to have
> read, read & execute only access. When I connect through
> the Internet, it doesn't ask for my login or password.
> And it will let anyone copy files. What do I need to
> change?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Its COBOL, Jim, but not as we know it...
    ... If you download this "package" you will obtain the following: ... "The Page cannot be found" or I get the COBDATA main page. ... actually see the login page? ... has to do with browser delay and/or server workload. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Its COBOL, Jim, but not as we know it...
    ... If you download this "package" you will obtain the following: ... So I can recognise whether you have visited before (your login is ... "The Page cannot be found" or I get the COBDATA main page. ... has to do with browser delay and/or server workload. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Its COBOL, Jim, but not as we know it...
    ... If you download this "package" you will obtain the following: ... A trip for COBOL programmers" white paper. ... "The Page cannot be found" or I get the COBDATA main page. ... see the login page? ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • FTP SOFTWARE
    ... free ftp software ... free ftp server software ... dvo software ftp download ...
    (alt.religion.christian)
  • Re: thousand of books to download
    ... and download speed is good. ... these books are scanned in DjVu format (thus requires ... > On trying to download an ebook from the dubinushka site I get ... > "login request denied". ...
    (sci.math.research)