Re: Allow Admins to log on to W2K Desktop with Admin Rights

From: Chris (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/15/04

Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:34:32 -0700

Unfortunatly my original statement was not quite correct,
we do have a number a users who require local admin
rights to run some applications. Restricted group access
removes all other members of that group, so this would
not quite fit the requirement.

Thanks for the help, any other suggestions?

which has your users that can
>be added to the local administrators group of computers
in an Organizational Unit.
>See the link below for details. --- Steve
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-
US;Q320065

>"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> We want to have our support and admin staff be able to
>> log onto our W2K desktops with full local administrator
>> rights. All other users needed to have a restricted
>> desktop environment. Also we need to be able to manage
>> these permission groups via AD. We do not want these
>> users to have Domain Admin rights.
>>
>> Can anyone help please?
>>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Should I still buy SBS 2003 Premium w/ ISA in light of XP SP2s ICF2?
    ... Admin rights is a very simple story. ... relying upon the firewall to block accordingly the access to workstations, ... don't have the same level of packet-filtering in your favor that ISA ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Randy
    ... This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. ... Microsoft MVP - Directory Services ... it is best practice design to create an empty place holder root domain to ... hold the enterprise admin group and to hold the forest schema operations ...
  • RE: Impact of removing administrative rights in an enterprise running XP
    ... While it is true that you can push out patches and software via group ... reporting mechanisms for software/patch installations whatsoever. ... Quite often, the admin rights are ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Impact of removing administrative rights in an enterprise running XP
    ... the network admin is "Admin" of the network... ... they should only have/need the appropriate rights for their role in the firm. ... reporting mechanisms for software/patch installations whatsoever. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Impact of removing administrative rights in an enterprise running XP
    ... You can easily install patches without admin rights... ... WSUS can push out patches and the workstations do not need admin rights. ... Yes, there are success stories, but it's totally dependent on a managed network. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)