Re: removing the block on attachments

From: Dave (noone_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 07/09/04

Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:49:16 -0000

well, someone who is more adventurous may have tried clicking a few menu
items and stumbled on to it... or they might have searched the oe or
public.security generic group for the hundreds of identical questions that
are archived there. but just one more time, just because i'm feeling
charitable.... click tools/options pick the security tab and uncheck the
box that talks about not allowing access to attachments.

"mag" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having a lot of trouble with OE removing access to
> attachments. They are doing it automatically to all of my
> attachments, calling them "unsafe". They are clean files.
> How do I dissingage this feature so I can open those files?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Outlook Express security
    ... there for virus protection. ... Now uncheck the option to not allow attachments ... > My Outlook Express keeps "removing access to unsafe ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Last Update from MS Customer Services
    ... It said to install the latest security update ... > updates') my Outlet Express is removing access to what it ... > thinks are unsafe attachments. ... Updates for Windows should be downloaded from the Microsoft website *only*, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Access to Attachments Prevented - Cant Get Feature Disabled
    ... He stated that the box is grayed out and cannot uncheck it. ... if you've got a tick against "Do not allow attachments to be saved or ... keep up-to-date,a good virus checker program. ... John Clifford Hole of Enfield Middlesex ...
  • Re: [9fans] thoughs about venti+fossil
    ... Oh oh, you're off by 4 orders of magnitude, I think I hear collisions... ... The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addresseeand may contain confidential or privileged information. ... If you are not the intended recipient, please notify attorney Mort Hapless at Vulner, Exposed & Wideopen LLP immediately at either 647-7178, or at ohoh@xxxxxxxxx, and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. ... OK, we’re the ones in trouble but we’ll find a way to go after you, or at least we think we may be able to. ...
    (comp.os.plan9)
  • Re: Windows Mail Images
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... "Send pictures with messages" was unchecked. ... Make sure attachments are enabled: ... Tools, Safety Options, Security, uncheck "Block images..." ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)