Re: Can't get logon screen w/ ctrl-alt-del

From: Steven Umbach (n9rou_at_n0spam-comcast.net)
Date: 07/02/04

    Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 03:28:18 GMT

    Try to connect to it remotely from another computer via Computer Management to
    see if you can look in Event Viewer for any error messages that may help. ---
    Steve

    "shmthaus" <c.schmidt@dpd.dallascityhall.com> wrote in message
    > I have a W2K machine that was setup with automatic logon
    > on a workgroup. I tried to put it into our domain without
    > changing the automatic logon information. When the system
    > rebooted, I get the ctrl-alt-del screen, but nothing
    > happens when I hit crtl-alt-del.
    >
    > I tried holding down the shift key to bypass the automatic
    > logon per KB114615, but nothing happens.

    • Re: MS Server apps not launching
      ... Do you get any kind of error message pop up when you try and run one of ... You could try to view the event log & services remotely through another ... Computer Management Console to see if it gives us any clues. ... Are you able to get into your event viewer via Safe Mode? ...
    • Re: MS Server apps not launching
      ... MMC v3.0 download to install, but it keeps telling me that the SP version is ... to open event viewer from within it? ... Computer Management Console to see if it gives us any clues. ... Other apps like Veritas Backup and Enterprise Manager ...
    • Re: MS Server apps not launching
      ... "Coraleigh Miller" wrote: ... to open event viewer from within it? ... I checked the event logs from a remote pc, ... Computer Management Console to see if it gives us any clues. ...
    • Re: Computer Restarts Without Warning-HELP
      ... Look in computer management | event viewer for any errors. ... am transferring music to an mp3 player, when I'm downloading something, ... internet connection. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Internet Connection Sharing
      ... >> Log to the services in Computer Management and make sure that the service ... Are there any relevant messages in Event Viewer? ... View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP ... Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group ...