Re: will the TGT destroyed if user locks windows

From: christy (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/02/04

Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 19:24:06 -0700

Hi Joe,

If the machine wants to do a
verification of password only, it can simply compare the
hash of the
password entered by the user when he wants to unlock the
machine with
the cached of the hash password that has been saved before
during the
login process right ?
In this way, there is no need to consult the KDC...

What do you think ?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: will the TGT destroyed if user locks windows
    ... Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services ... there is no need to consult the KDC... ... I did notice that the TGT is ... >>>>- 1 session ticket with the win2k machine ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: will the TGT destroyed if user locks windows
    ... Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services ... > - 1 TGT, with the MIT KDC ... my observation shows that the session ticket ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: will the TGT destroyed if user locks windows
    ... TGS-REQ to MIT KDC just to verify the password? ... I did notice that the TGT is ... >Windows Domains as well. ... my observation shows that the session ticket ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • fetching a TGT for service principal
    ... microsoft KDC in mixed environments. ... My environment is unix client and server and windows ... I was able to fetch a TGT for this service principal sometime ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: 1030 / 40961 / 673 on DC - MVP wanted
    ... You cannot access network resources after you try to log on to a Windows XP ... User-specific Kerberos Ticket-Granting Tickets (TGT) are not renewed. ... Failure Code 0X20 (Ticket Expired?) ...