Can you Audit logouts??

From: Kevin Arentsen (kevinarentsen_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/29/04

    Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:22:51 -0700

    I have auditing for logins/logouts turned on. It appears
    that auditing is working as events do show up in the event
    logs. Is there an easier way or program to use to see
    when people are logging in and logging out? I'd like to
    see when user John Doe logged out last week one night if
    he logged out at all. The event log is painful to go
    through. Is there an easy way to do that? Thanks,

    • Re: Can you audit file access within Sharepoint Services 3.0?
      ... you can't enable it with Windows Explorer nor can you enable it with any out of the box stsadm command. ... Maybe one of the SharePoint-specific management tools from Quest Software or AvePoint allows you to view those logs but I haven't checked. ... an interface to turn on/off auditing; ... view the audit records so you'd have to build that as well. ...
    • Re: log file how to?
      ... Once auditing is enabled, you might also try ElUnDump for html-based reports ... of Windows event logs. ... > You can enable auditing on your computers however for what you would want ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
    • RE: Trace of 139 attack?
      ... Enabling auditing is as important as what you enable. ... data in the logs, as well. ... That way, if the attacker ... Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: Keep admins off of client machines
      ... but if you have your auditing set correctly there will be ... > monitor the event logs and then do some action such as e-mail or page you. ... > As part of your overall security you would have auditing on computer room ... > settings at what time, when they were turned back on and who was in the ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: User logging
      ... shouldn't....but be careful what auditing you choose to enable! ... I'm really thinking a keylog app is more what you need. ... Shouldn't, either, if you set your event logs to reasonable sizes before ... misuse is happening out of office hours. ...