Re: Administrator resetting password

From: RB (RB_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/29/04

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 06:54:02 -0700

Tried the secedit command to enforce changes after the edit to the gpttmpl.inf files and am now locked out completely.
Not a raging success I would say. There were several discrepancies between the files and the docs. for Reset User Rights and Reset Security Settings so I guess is some of the disregarded lines have me sitting on the outside.
Lucky for us this is just a test machine on VM Ware but still it would be nice to be able to solve the problem...and the functionality that went wrong in the first place.

"Paul Adare - MVP - Microsoft Virtual PC" wrote:

> In article <C0938BF4-DE51-40C2-A1B3-D01948FDFF9E@microsoft.com>, in the
> microsoft.public.win2000.security news group, =?Utf-8?B?UkI=?=
> <RB@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
>
> > Thanks Paul...but that file does not ship with the Windows 2000 Advanced Server.
> > Any other suggestions ?
> >

> Sorry, I missed the "until 2003".
>
> Search the KB for reset GPO...
>

> --
> Paul Adare
> rights.

Relevant Pages

  • To Steve Schapel, another question?
    ... You can reset the properties on the forms using the "On ... >If the user hits the EDIT button, ... So for instance if you hit the EDIT button, ... I have had many problems maintaining the ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Two CComboBox problems...
    ... I need to reset the content, which works fine with ResetContent, ... I need to detect when the user presses the enter key in the Edit Box. ... appended to the content of the Edit Box, and then the List Box data needs to ... I can get the selection just fine. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • To Steve Schapel, another question?
    ... >You can reset the properties on the forms using the "On ... This event fires each time you move to ... >>If the user hits the EDIT button, ... So for instance if you hit the EDIT ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Last try PLease Help!!
    ... VBA Developers handbook). ... "SusanV" wrote: ... you would use the OnClick of the button to reset the ... I have an edit button that allows edit when ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Last try PLease Help!!
    ... you would use the OnClick of the button to reset the visible ... over-ride this reset - let me know if it does. ... I have an edit button that allows edit when a ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)