Re: Event ID 5719 No windows NT or windows 2000 domain controller is available ...

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 06/29/04

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:39:24 GMT

That event means that the server could not find a domain controller for whatever
reason at that time. The link below has some information on that Event ID. Failed or
successful logon attempts in the security log would be more indicative of a user
trying to access the server.--- Steve

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=5719&eventno=104&source=NETLOGON&phase=1

"Akhlaq Khan" <akhlaq.khan@softechww.com> wrote in message
> while checking the system logs in windows event viewer, i came across this
> event " Event ID 5719 No windows NT or windows 2000 domain controller is
> available ..." which occured periodically (3/4 times) within a few hours
> period. the important thing is that it occured on SUNDAY when our offices
> remain closed and there is no one in office trying to access the servers.
> though the server on which it occured is a domain/exchange server which
> remains connected to internet 24/7.
>
> i just wanted to know what this event indicates ? whether somebody tried to
> login to a local machine and tried to authenticate to the domain or does it
> happen when somebody tries to retrieve his emails from the server and the
> authentication fails ? i am just trying to explore the possibilities ...
>
> any help will be highly appreciated,
> thanks.
>
> akhlaq khan.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: user cant access OWA or RWW
    ... I filtered the Security log on the server using her name in the User box and unchecked Success. ... Now I see Event 533's for her account when I tried it this morning. ... There should be a couple of events during this login process. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Losing access to a shared folder
    ... I see no failures in the security log. ... Both shares are on the same file server. ... domain controllers as preferred and secondary dens servers. ...
  • Re: "Access Is Denied" when XPPro Client tries to Join Domain
    ... I didn't see an error in the security log when I received "Access is ... >> I added SBS2003 server and ran it through it config, ... >> domain users or administrators, and didn't assign a computer to them. ... and it had several folders being shared with the other PCs ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Random Account Lockout /Security Settings not Saving
    ... network accounts just get locked out for no particular ... knocked off with no particular rhyme or reason. ... #2) I go into our Domain Controller ... server, hoping that the new security would take effect... ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: dns server unable to open active directory
    ... The Security Log is set to maximum size of 512 kb, ... Systems Administrator ... The DNS server was unable to open the Active Directory. ...