sam file.

From: sancho (juanb_at_netvision.net.il)
Date: 06/28/04

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:09:40 +0300

Hi !

I use windows xp pro.

I read that the hackers allways try to find the sam file and crack it.
I searched my own system and I found a lot of sam files for example:

act3.sam
desksam.sam

the search result found 16 files .so which from all of tham the hackers try
to capture ?

thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: sam file.
    ... >I read that the hackers allways try to find the sam file and crack it. ... Windows: General MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: Unwanted programs on Win2K
    ... the easiest is to crack the .SAM file. ... > This question is not from an admin but a end-user. ... > install software ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Windows 2000 Administrator lockout
    ... System passwords are stored in the SAM file under NT/2k. ... to crack this file, it is rather untimely. ... A better option is chntpasswd, ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)