Win2000 network link failed to establish at restart

From: bluesky (bluesky_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/28/04

    Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 02:37:01 -0700

    Hello,
    We have severals Compaq PII and PIII with Win 2000 Pro installed. After Korgo virus removal and Lsass vulnerabiilty patch installed these systems are experience no network after restart.
    LAN connectivity however, does establish if the LAN cord is pulled out and connected after the machine is restarted.

    Can anyone help!

    Riz

    • Re: Cant connect to the internet
      ... In the Startup tab, ... Click OK and restart your computer. ... I ran the Network Diagnostics on the laptop. ...
    • Re: Boot time extremely long
      ... Rebooting did not show me any messages and even with restart disabled, ... Here are the error and warning events. ... Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network ... I had previously checked the event viewer and found that the ati ...
    • Re: NetworkManager tutorials?
      ... Could you explain what you mean by restarting the network since that ... As in 'service network restart' ... I know that ndiswrapper generated some pretty vociferous condemnations ... We're hardly in a position to demand GPL chipsets ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Batch file and MFC (Properly Terminating Application)
      ... is no need for restart. ... Mostly the reason an install needs to restart WIndows ... The need to restart after network settings changed went away in Win2K; ...
      (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
    • Re: Cant connect to the internet
      ... Restart your computer ... Open Network Connections ... Right click LAN connection and choose Properties ... You can also try to run computer in Safe Mode With Networking (press F8 ...