unable to access servers remotely

From: Brijesh (brijeshnair24_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/26/04

Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 04:32:31 -0700

HI friends

Please help me to solve this issue.
In my office i am having 4 2000 servers and 2 2003
servers. i use to connect to all these servers remotely
from my client PC within the network for
troubleshooting.i have enabled terminal services in the
2K servers for the same.
last week my network got effected by a virus
named "w32.korgo-l.worm". This came in to notice while
some of the users started complaning that thier system is
shutting down continously (all 2K prof clients)
with "LASS.EXE" some error. when i checked the servers
out of 4, 3 2K servers got shutdown showing the
infection. Then i installed the patch and updation
specified in symantec and brought the systems back.
Now the 3 2K servers which got infected i am not able to
remotely access, it's showing "Client could not establish
connection" and so. But the 2K server which was not
infected i am able to access remotely and also my 2K3
servers.
i tried uninstalling and installing the Terminal services
but still not working
Can anybody tell me which is blocking by remote access
conneciton to these servers and how i can overcome this
issue, please!!!!

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Defense in Depth to the Desktop
    ... > network hardware mechanisms. ... The Strong Internal Network Defense ... The client subnet and the server ... Servers are allowed to reply to clients, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • [fw-wiz] Defense in Depth to the Desktop
    ... network hardware mechanisms. ... controls is highlighted when the internal network and systems suffer ... The client subnet and the server ... Servers are allowed to reply to clients, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • 1058 and 1030 errors revisited
    ... tried to run the gpofix utility I got a "network path not ... There are about sixty client ... whereas the servers all have two gigabit ... We printed out our old w2k GPOs and used these to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Defense in Depth to the Desktop
    ... Sounds a lot like Domain Based Security (not Windows 'domains', ... > network hardware mechanisms. ... The client subnet and the ... Servers are allowed to reply to clients, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: vpn to server then remote desktop to client
    ... I can now log on to RWW however I cannot connect to client PCs. ... The client could not connect to the remote computer. ... servers but not on the other. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)