Re: hdd info

From: uriah heep (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/26/04

Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 03:31:02 -0700

This is usually a result of a bios limitation (the 127
limit is the clue) all hard drive manufactures have
utilities to trick system into seeing full drive. Suggest
you go to HD manufacturs site and get utility though it
should have come as cd with the drive. Sometimes you can
get bios update and flash bios but I would suggest you
avoid this unles you know exactly how.

>"brett" <brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> i installed a new hdd it is 160 gb but it is only
recognised as 127 gb ??? somebody
>help.
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IBM to build massive 20 Petaflop supercomputer for NNSA
    ... Quite often someone on this newsgroup will provide someone else a clue, ... Linux, instead of being a hardware incompatibility which must be resolved ... being told, "Well, this *is* the latest BIOS version. ... Motherboards that have a BIOS which have a bad ACPI DSDT table is ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Bios says PC6400 running at 5300 on a P5WD2 Premium
    ... with matched pair of Corsair ... the bios show it as PC5300. ... I haven't a clue how to check the the latency which should be, ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Probable PCIE prob
    ... but thats the only clue i can get from the kernel. ... System crashes only happen when viewing films (neither ... worth updating the BIOS. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: how do I get into my bios (XP)?
    ... Hey the OP did list his/her name as Thicko. ... Maybe that's a clue to their intelligence. ... What scares me is that you want to update your BIOS so you post your question about how to do so in a Publisher newsgroup. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: I just flashed
    ... but I haven't a clue what has been ... >>> altered or what benefit derives from it... ... >>> I also installed the Gigabyte monitor thingy and frightened myself ... >> Do you have Duel BIOS on that WO? ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)