Local Device name already in use

From: Dustin Shaffer (ccs_at_pathwaynet.com)
Date: 06/25/04

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 06:05:46 -0700

I have a very frustrating problem. I have a Windows XP
Professional Workstation on a Windows 2000 Server
enviroment that every night whether it is turned off or not
gives me an error message the next morning when I try to
access the mapped network share. I have to run the
following command and sometimes it will sucessfully connect:

net use f: /delete
Net use f: \\server\data

Sometimes I get asked for a username and password other
times I am not. Can anyone shed some light on this
frustratung problem?

Thanks,

Dustin

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Frustrating Problem With Explorer Opening Files
    ... Windows XP Shell/User ... I'm looking for help with a frustrating problem that has happened on my PC. ... System restore to before the problem manifested itself ... Disconnected and reconnected mapped drives. ...
  • Re: Networking/Internet cuts off in Windows XP Until restart
    ... still getting this frustrating problem. ... I checked for viruses with the latest version of Kaspersky Antivirus ... probably would do nothing as the computer upstairs can access the ... Why did you need to reinstall Windows? ...
  • Local Device name already in use
    ... I have a very frustrating problem. ... Professional Workstation on a Windows 2000 Server ... enviroment that every night whether it is turned off or not ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Delayed Write Failure
    ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... I'm confronted with a very frustrating problem that will ... This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network ... our xp clients, the 2000 clients don't have this problem. ...
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #154
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... ISS RealSecure Server Sensor SSL Denial Of Service Vulnerabi... ... Roger Wilco Remote Server Side Buffer Overrun Vulnerability ... available for Microsoft Windows operating systems. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)