Problems with user accounts/security settings

From: Nick Moore (nmoore_at_dtlinc.com)
Date: 06/24/04

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:36:04 -0500

For some reason any new user that is created cannot modify/change and save
files on a network drive. It happens on Win2k & XP Pro.

I created a new user with the exact same rights as other users in her
department. She also has the same drive mappings (with exception her "home"
directory). Some network shares she can write to, others she can't. She is
a member of a group that has 'Read, Read & Execute and List' rights. Her
user has 'Full Control" on the folder.

She's trying to modify office documents and they all open 'read-only' (she
can't even modify .txt files). Now, I tried making her a member of
Administrators and it worked. I took her out and it didn't work.
Something's not right here if everyone else has been using the same rights
for a very long time and now I can't create a user that can write to the
network shares.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!!

-Nick

Relevant Pages

  • Problems with user accounts/security settings
    ... I created a new user with the exact same rights as other users in her ... Some network shares she can write to, ... a member of a group that has 'Read, Read & Execute and List' rights. ... She's trying to modify office documents and they all open 'read-only' (she ...
  • Re: Administrator with no password
    ... Kevin, ... You mentioned modifying logon rights using GP's to deny access from the ... > you don't want to modify the logon locally rights, ... deny access this computer from the network. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: What so special about PostgreSQL and other RDBMS?
    ... >> The right to modify is a red herring. ... of the software to do the coding based on what I'm willing to pay for! ... >> will always include a securely configured database. ... > Yes, a securely configured database, protected by a secure network, ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Cant modify XP files from another networked PC
    ... Professional (XPP). ... Modify it. ... Explorer I right click the folder concerned there is no ... this folder on the network and Allow network users to ...
  • Help! Win 98 like server and Win XP like client problem.
    ... I need a help, I have a peer-to-peer network with two windows 98 se, one ... Windows ME and one Windows XP. ... One of the two Win 98 PC is a server for some vendors programs. ... All non XP clients can access, open, modify and save the ...