loss of administrator rights.

From: ban_watt (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/19/04

Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 08:16:08 -0700

I been called out to help a friend who has win 2K SP1 and
he tried to install a modem which according to the
literature was suitable only for for win 95/98. After he
had installed the software a message came up to say that
he did not have the Administrator rights even though he
was member of administrator group and had all the
privilages. So having logged in as an administrator same
thing happened. He now cannot uninstall the software or
the modem and he is locked out from all the administrator
rights. Has anybody come across this and do they have a
solution? Many thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Administrator and System Rights
    ... Which user are you logged on as when you try to install these applications? ... I am trying to install Norton> Antivirus and it is throwing an error telling me that I> must have administrator rights to have access to the> correct logs files and have them be "writable." ... I've gotten messages from Easy> CD Creator as well, telling me to login as a user with> administrator rights to complete the install. ...
  • Administrator and System Rights
    ... I have 1 user on my XP Home install that is the Computer ... Antivirus and it is throwing an error telling me that I ... must have administrator rights to have access to the ... administrator rights to complete the install. ...
  • Re: Programs I load (as the administrator)
    ... multiple user profiles very well. ... daughter's account to an administrator, log in as her to perform the ... Is there something, other than> giving everyone administrator rights, that I can do to> allow everyone else on the computer to run software I> install? ...
  • Re: Could not open connection to fax service
    ... make sure the modem is detected and working. ... i forgot the install the modem before messing with the ... services manager it tell me "Could not open connection to fax ... I am logged on as the Administrator. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.fax)
  • Re: Administrator and System Rights
    ... When you boot into safe mode, the "Administrator" account is shown in the ... >>Which user are you logged on as when you try to install ... >>> administrator rights to complete the install. ...