write but not delete permissions

From: Mike Bassett (Bassett_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/18/04

Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:05:02 -0700

I want to be able to allow a group of users permission to write files but not delete. I would not be unhappy if they could delete thier own files in the folder but I do not want them to be able to delete other peoples. I thought I had got it several times but then I tried it from Word and got error messages about disk full or invalid file permissions.

I also have a problem of users accidentally dragging and dropping folders into other folders; is there a good way of stopping this? It happens several times a week on our network and it can be quite a detective story finding them.

Relevant Pages

  • Prompt Users Before Drag & drop on Mapped Network drives
    ... I am having a problem with users dragging and dropping folders on network ... When they realize what they have done they click cancel, ... File Servers Win2003 ... This doesn't seem to work for mapped network drives. ...
  • Prompt User for Drag and Drop on Network Share