Remote Windows Install

From: JDB (jbell_at_vitria.com)
Date: 06/15/04

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:29:27 -0500

If I have admin access to a remote W2K machine, is there any way I can
somehow run a local process to install a program who's exe file is on that
remote machine?

If not with any built-in method, is there a tool that would facilitate this?
I'm not really looking for a VNC remote access application unless the server
piece can be also be installed remotely (I have too many machines that I
need to do this with that are spread too far apart to locally install a
remote access server on each one).

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Mass deployment of security tools
    ... I know that NetSupport Manager allows remote installs and such; ... Original> I have been tasked with a project of installing various security ... Original> I want to install a number of security applications to windows ... Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Remote Desktop failure post SP1
    ... > information on the way to install SP1? ... I need to the know when the error message "The connection to the remote ... When you setting up VPN connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: ActiveSync 3.7 / 3.8 unable to dial in remotely via RAS when PC networked
    ... It was the other XP Pro machines I upgraded to SP2 from CD. ... to implement our system there including the Remote Dial-up for the iPAQ - I ... > The computer is running XP Pro and was a virgin install. ... > It was updated to SP2 via CD as it has never had Internet access in this ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: Installing SMS 2.0 on a 2003 Server
    ... I am unsure about what you are talking about when you say "Remote ... Terminal Services (Heck if we insist that is it installed, ... "Roger Crawford" wrote in message ... Then it gives me the error> that it has detected that Terminal Server is running and this needs to be in> intsall mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
  • Re: Changing from App mode to Remote Admin mode via registry
    ... applications on the terminal server. ... Remote admin mode is simply activated by going ... Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... We'd like to do this because our application doesn't install right now in ...