Security Event Log missing entries

From: Craig (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/14/04

Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:34:36 -0700

The clients on my W2K network often get locked out, but
the lockouts (and unlocks) do not always show up in the
Security Event Log. I've got 4 locations, 2 DCs each
location, and I've checked every DC event log, but I just
can't find the entries sometimes. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Craig.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Internet connection stops responding two
    ... I am having the exact same problem, desktop dell with wireless connection - I ... > I get one error in the System Event Log and three in the Security Events Log ... > Security Event Log ... IPSec Services could not be started. ...
  • Internet connection stops responding two
    ... Running XP SP2 On a Dell Dimension 8200 with Dial-up connection. ... I get one error in the System Event Log and three in the Security Events Log ... The IPSEC Services service terminated with the following error: ... Security Event Log ...
  • Auditing Logon Failures for Win2K clients in a NT Domain
    ... From the old security logs prior to the workstation ... If the Win2K user mistypes the password enough times to lock out his ... security event log does show a 529 error, but I really want the error ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: Windows Event Logs
    ... I use Snort to catch the IP/data packets from ... Monitoring these ports catches connection attempts that don't even ... haven't had a failed event log entry since the day of 7,000 attempts. ... relying on the Security Event Log is like relying on ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Auditing / Event Log Entries...
    ... expecting that to show up as an entry in the security event log. ... Nothing shows up in the event log even though it is enabled. ... Enable auditing on the security tab of choice ... Watch the audit logs flow. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)