Re: Moving root CA to new machine

From: James (James_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/11/04

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 00:15:01 -0700

"Note To move a CA from a server that is running Windows 2000 Server to a server that is running Windows Server 2003, you must first upgrade the CA server that is running Windows 2000 Server to Windows Server 2003, and then you must follow the steps that are outlined in this article."

The old machine (Proliant 800) is not windows 2003 compatible so it can not be upgraded. The machine also had Exchange and a few other services on it which have already been moved to a clean install on a new machine.

I prefer to move but either option is OK as long as I can kill of the Proliant.

James