Re: Active X Control

From: Steven Umbach (n9rou_at_n0spam-comcast.net)
Date: 06/10/04

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 00:38:10 GMT

Go into IE /tools/internet options/security and set the level to default for the
internet Web Content Zone which is the default zone and hit apply. That should
help, and if it does not I would be leery about those websites. All the major
websites run fine at the default level of medium just fine. By default your
email uses the restricted site zone for good reason to protect your from a lot
of junk such as malware, spyware, and even compromise of the computer. If you
wish you can change the Web Content Zone to internet for email in OE in
tools/options/security virus protection. --- Steve

"john prete" <judgeprete@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi There, Can anyone please assist with a problem that is
> driving me mad? Every time I attempt to reply to an E-
> mail, or open a site, I am informed that an ACTIVE X
> CONTROL on the page makes it unsafe to proceed. It has
> become impossible to reply to E-mails. With other sites I
> can get around the problem by back clicking and this has
> the desired result of displaying the page. HELP PLEASE !
> John

Relevant Pages

  • Re: active x and securities
    ... I would not suggest doing that in general via the internet Web Content Zone ... Content Zone and then set the security for that zone to low. ... there by seeing the trusted sites icon in the lower right hand corner of ...
  • SpywareBlaster and Spybot Search & Destroy.
    ... For reasons I don't understand the original message dated 1 March 2007 together with a response from PA Bear has "disappeared" from this newsgroup. ... Scripted websites which I absolutely ... zone anymore but instead trying to open in the Internet zone. ... Spywareblaster and Spybot S&D and was pleasantly surprised that the websites ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Where do I find option definitions for the IE7 settings & frame question?
    ... "Enable third-party browser extensions" ... "websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone" ... Is there a way to force a website using frames to show each frame ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Where do I find option definitions for the IE7 settings & frame question?
    ... "Enable third-party browser extensions" ... "websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone" ... Is there a way to force a website using frames to show each frame in ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • [Full-disclosure] Advisory : Internet Explorer Zone Domain Specification Dos and Page suppressin
    ... Internet Explorer Zone Domain Specification Dos and Page ... The vulnerability is present in handling of domain names with different ... loading of those websites there by resulting in DoS through the browser. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)