Re: problem loading Win2000

From: Dave Patrick (mail_at_NoSpam.DSPatrick.com)
Date: 06/09/04

Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 12:46:33 -0600

How are you installing? To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000
install CD-Rom or setup disks. The set of four install disks can be created
from your Windows 2000 CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on the
CD-Rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and
follow the prompts.

Regards,
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect
"Alex" wrote:
| When trying to load windows back into my laptop I get the following
message
| "Line 9841 of INF file is invalid, setup can not continue"
| Any idea what this means and how I can sort it?
|
| thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: P4C800-DELUXE XP Install Problems --- Hanging
    ... Windows Install Guide by Mr Steveo from ABX Zone Website. ... Additionally, if you have a Springdale or Canterwood chipset motherboard, ... Install chipset INFs before any video or sound drivers. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Checking for the latest updates....
    ... It's a good idea to install them now and then check again, ... Microsoft Windows XP ... Windows XP Service Pack 1 ... Security Update for Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: I have two Problems.
    ... To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000 install CD-Rom or ... The set of four install disks can be created from your Windows ... 2000 CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute ... restart the pc booting the CD-Rom or setup disks to avoid unexpected drive ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.new_user)
  • Re: Win2000 Install Problem
    ... To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000 install CD-Rom or setup ... The set of four install disks can be created from your Windows 2000 ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)
  • Re: CD-ROM unable to read any CDs
    ... I decided to run another fresh install, which went through with no errors. ... This team the BIOS recognises the CD-ROM drive and it is showing as the ... drisk but when I click on the drive in Windows Explorer it eventually ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)