Re: Ip Tracking (email Tracking)

From: Dimitri (pete_me_a_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/09/04

    Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 11:19:52 +0100

    Thanks guys.

    Jud wrote:

    > "Dimitri" <pete_me_a@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Is it possible to track down a specific machine in an internet caffe or
    >>univesity using an IP address? I am basically trying work out which
    >>Internet caffe someone is using to send emails to my account. Using the
    >>WHOis database I am only able to trace that its a hotmail registered IP,
    >>nothing much is available. Is there any other way I can pin it down to a
    >> machine?
    >>

    > If it's a Hotmail account send all the emails to their complaints
    > department.
    > As it's sent via hotmail there is little or no chance of tracking where it
    > was sent from.
    >
    > Jud

    • Re: Ip Tracking (email Tracking)
      ... > Internet caffe someone is using to send emails to my account. ... > WHOis database I am only able to trace that its a hotmail registered IP, ... If it's a Hotmail account send all the emails to their complaints ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: IP Tracking
      ... > univesity using an IP address? ... > Internet caffe someone is using to send emails to my account. ... > WHOis database I am only able to trace that its a hotmail registered IP, ... the full headers of that message, ...
      (comp.security.unix)