Re: list of running services

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 06/08/04

Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 17:21:50 GMT

I think Process Explorer from Sysinternals may come close. It will show more that
just services but I don't think that is a bad thing and you can save the current
output to a text file. --- Steve

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml -- Process Explorer

"Niv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to get into txt file a list of all the started services in a win2k
machine?
> Something similar to the drivers.exe from the resource kit ?
> A tool that will help me monitor my server's services and recognize new services
easily,by comparing the original output to the new run output.
> My problem is that I can get list of running services and compare that list each
time to previous one , but this works only for the known services ( ms services) and
not for the unknown services.
> Thanks in advance,
> Sharon.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Bugs in donkey.lib
    ... The persistence even in the face of clear proof using the Sysinternals ... Process Explorer after having developed the originals using Task ... Microsoft Task Manager 0% change ... of polling loops to be mistaken. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • the system file is growing -could the culprit be internet explorer
    ... Question -- is the proc mon the same as the process explorer? ... I recently asked why my system file is 200mb -- I used your advice and used ... Sysinternals also has a forum area, and if you use a search engine ... the best way to set up ProcMon. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: why got ?? in the path ?
    ... I don't know offhand the reason but I would download Process Explorer from ... SysInternals to see what it shows in the process properties as the path. ... > Wrote a small program on XP to get a list of running processes. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: why got ?? in the path ?
    ... I don't know offhand the reason but I would download Process Explorer from ... SysInternals to see what it shows in the process properties as the path. ... > Wrote a small program on XP to get a list of running processes. ...
  • Re: why got ?? in the path ?
    ... I don't know offhand the reason but I would download Process Explorer from ... SysInternals to see what it shows in the process properties as the path. ... > Wrote a small program on XP to get a list of running processes. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)