Enable Auditing

From: Michelle (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/02/04

Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:56:28 -0700

How do I enable auditing of printers on a W2K Server? I
need to find out what computer may have a virus and is
sending 2 byte print jobs to one of our printers and
causing the print errors in the queue. I can't identify
the person from the print queue because most of our users
are Metaframe users and logon locally as a generic logon
all using the same username.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Scripting test prints
    ... Anyone have a good way of automating sending a test page ... to every print queue on a given windows 2000 print server? ... All are HP printers with fixed ... Install the Windows 2000 Resource Kit and check out prnadmin.doc: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.printing)
  • SUMMARY: Print to 2 queues at once
    ... Is there a way to set up a print queue in Unix so that it prints to 2 ... When we configure our printers and queues, ... I would set up a wrapper script to take the same command line arguments as ... # Only errors are logged as the lpd will log successful printing ...
    (Tru64-UNIX-Managers)
  • Re: CUPS prints after 15 seconds no matter what :(
    ... CUPS overwrites the original print queue commands like LPR. ... If I could figure out how to make the new machine print to CUPS printers ... >> I'm changed from LPRng to CUPS because we're printing to Novel print ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: CUPS prints after 15 seconds no matter what :(
    ... CUPS overwrites the original print queue commands like LPR. ... If I could figure out how to make the new machine print to CUPS printers ... >> I'm changed from LPRng to CUPS because we're printing to Novel print ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: CUPS prints after 15 seconds no matter what :(
    ... CUPS overwrites the original print queue commands like LPR. ... If I could figure out how to make the new machine print to CUPS printers ... >> I'm changed from LPRng to CUPS because we're printing to Novel print ...
    (alt.linux)