Re: Configure Secure Screen Saver En Masse

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nscomcast.net)
Date: 05/29/04

Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 01:02:13 GMT

There is no easy way however one way would be to logn to a secure W2K
workstation as a domain administrator and then use mmc/Group Policy snapin
and select browse to find other computers where you can configure that
setting under user configuration/administrative templates/control
panlel/display. At least you could do it from one place. --- Steve

"Jason Wilcox" <jwilcox746@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm wanting to configure all of my Windows 2000 workstations (45) to
> utilize a password protected screen saver.
>
> I'm running on a NT 4.0 domain.
>
> What methods could I use to distribute this change without having to
> visit every workstation?
>
> I'd also like to disable the users ability to change any of the screen
> saver settings.
>
> TIA,

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Error migrating WinXP workstation with ADMT 3 or ADMT 2.
    ... Add the target domain Administrator account into local Administrators ... Error migrating WinXP workstation with ADMT 3 or ADMT 2. ... I am getting the following error in the Migration log, ...
  • Re: local printing from the network
    ... domain administrator and create the share? ... Les Connor ... I received this message while I was at the workstation ... >> SBS Rocks! ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Adding Domain user to local account (XP Pro)
    ... > user to the local account. ... > domain administrator, I have no problems. ... > workstation and the primary domain failed. ... > reboot, delete the computer account from the domain, ...
  • Unlocking Workstations
    ... running a pure Windows 2000 Server/Workstation environment with active ... workstation locks after 15 minutes of inactivity. ... or an administrator can unlock the workstation. ... networked workstations is a Domain Administrator. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Unlocking Workstations
    ... I'm> running a pure Windows 2000 Server/Workstation environment with active ... I have a policy enabled that makes it so that the> workstation locks after 15 minutes of inactivity. ... only the user> or an administrator can unlock the workstation. ... I had thought about> creating an account called "unlock" that users could use to unlock other> workstations, but there is no way I can have a generic domain administrator> account on my system. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)