Re: Web Enrollment pages on another computer

From: Vishal Agarwal[MSFT] (vishala_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/26/04

Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:58:12 -0700

Did you enable basic auth for it to work?

Thanks,
Vishal Agarwal [MSFT]

"Mariano" <xmarv@inwind.it> wrote in message
> Yes
>
> "David Cross [MS]" <dcross@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > is the machine account hosting the web pages joined to the domain (AD)
and
> > trusted for delegation?
> >
> > --
> >

> > David B. Cross [MS]
> >
> > --
> rights.
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com
> >
> > "Mariano" <xmarv@inwind.it> wrote in message
> > > Configuration
> > > -CA (enterprise CA) is installed on a pc (PC1) with Windows Server
2003
> > > Enterprise Edition (this computer is Domain Controller);
> > > -Web Enrollment Pages are installed on a host computer (PC2) member of
> > > domain;
> > >
> > > When I launch web enrollment pages from PC2 (http://localhost/certsrv)
> all
> > > works fine!
> > > when I launch web enrollment pages from PC3 (pc3 is not member of the
> > > domain) authenticating me with a domain account, I can navigate web
> pages
> > > but when I request a certificate the following error occurs:
> > >

> > > Your request failed. An error occurred while the server was processing
> > your
> > > request.
> > >
> > > Contact your administrator for further assistance.
> > >
> > > Request Mode:
> > > newreq - New Request
> > > Disposition:
> > > (never set)
> > > Disposition message:
> > > (none)
> > > Result:
> > > Access is denied. 0x80070005 (WIN32: 5)
> > > COM Error Info:
> > > CCertRequest::Submit Access is denied. 0x80070005 (WIN32: 5)
> > > LastStatus:
> > > The operation completed successfully. 0x0 (WIN32: 0)
> > > Suggested Cause:
> > > The Certification Authority Service has not been started.
> > >

> > > In event viewer (system) of PC2 there is:
> > >
> > > DCOM got error "General access denied error " from the computer
> > > computername.domainname when attempting to activate the server:
> > > {D99E6E74-FC88-11D0-B498-00A0C90312F3}
> > >

> > > Help me.
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Mariano.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Install Windows Patch via GPO
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Trust windows 2k to windows 2k3
    ... This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and ... confers no rights. ... only reply to Newsgroups ...
  • Re: Trust windows 2k to windows 2k3
    ... This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. ... only reply to Newsgroups ...
  • Re: Installing a 360 Media Center Extender
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Trust windows 2k to windows 2k3
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... only reply to Newsgroups ...