Re: Event log Error codes

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nscomcast.net)
Date: 05/26/04

Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 23:41:05 GMT

Try posting them here. 560 is for object access to file/folder for some
reason and 577 means they or a service used a user right for a procedure.
Auditing of object access and privilige use will generate tons of events in
the security log and many will be very hard to make any sense of and many
are generated by the operating system instead of directly by a user. Often
event ID 560 is paired with another envent ID with the same timestamp that
may be helpful in determining what type of access was being done. The
following link may help.--- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/guidance/secmod144.mspx

"anita.geogre@lmco.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1220701c4427f$0ff3c410$a401280a@phx.gbl...