Re: Sasser Windows 2000 repair install

From: Marina Roos [SBS-MVP] (marina_at_roos.nodontwantspam.nl.com)
Date: 05/16/04

Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 20:02:15 GMT

http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.asp

--
Regards,
Marina
Microsoft SBS-MVP
"SamIam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
news:2ADA4D87-A808-45B4-8B08-5E87CCB8CB52@microsoft.com...
> Hi there,
>
> I have been trying to find info on removing sasser on windows 2000. The
problem is I can't even log into windows 2000 as the computer keeps
rebooting. I tried to repair install but, I don't know the steps that I need
to follow to repair install. Windows 2000 asks me for a repair disk after I
boot thro'the CD. Can anyone help me with the exact steps that I need to
follow to repair install windows 2000?

> There are options that take me to a console when I boot from the CD but, I
don't know what the heck I am supposed to do after that. It's unfortunate
that microsoft doesn't have any support on this really crucial sasser issue.
I have seen so many people post questions about this and none of the answers
seemed to help.

> Thanks much, I really need to get back on my computer.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: WINDOWS XP WONT BOOT
    ... you can to a repair install but you cannot do it ... Now, if a retail disk doesn't work, you could install XP to a different ... When I rebooted, it told me to hit> any key to start CD ROM boot and then it went back into> the same old screen as I originally described. ... The disc I was using> was the Windows XP disc that came with my Dell but since I> bought it, the hard drive had to be changed and I now have ...
  • Re: Windows XP Wont Load
    ... but Windows did not start ... best I get now is a long list of files relating mainly to ... As a practical matter a Repair install of the OS is a relatively ... would strongly suggest that before undertaking this Repair install operation ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Since installing AD, server reboots every 2-3 days
    ... Windows Debugging Tools and take a look. ... what is causing the reboot. ... sense that the Repair install would have fixed the problem. ... Blue screens? ...
  • Re: WINDOWS XP WONT BOOT
    ... something goes wrong during the repair install, you may be forced to start ... actual XP CD as opposed to a recovery CD, boot with the XP ... Once you have pressed a key, setup should begin. ... with the option to setup Windows or Repair Windows Installation ...
  • Re: Start Menu, Icons Not Appearing
    ... through those steps I do now have a start bar and icons on my desktop...but ... values to values that are recommended by Windows and re-starting the computer ... > something goes wrong during the repair install, you may be forced to start ... > actual XP CD as opposed to a recovery CD, boot with the XP ...