Re: BEWARE of Microsoft Patch MS04-011 for Lasser Virus

From: Oli Restorick [MVP] (oli_at_mvps.org)
Date: 05/15/04

Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 08:37:27 +0100

Which versions of these products?

I'm quite happily running PCA 10 along with the MS04-011 patch.

Oli

"Mary" <mmeyer1404@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> DO NOT LOAD MICROSOFT PATCH MS04-011 if you are running
> Norton Internet Security or PCanywhere or you won't be
> able to access this computer from another computer. I
> spent almost 2 hours with Microsoft and they couldn't fix
> the problem. I had to format my hard drive. Please
> unload all norton products before you load the patch.
> Also somebody suggested to unload the patch after I
> installed it, this only gave my computer several windows
> errors that Microsoft was able to fix.

Relevant Pages

  • BEWARE of Lasser patch from Microsoft
    ... DO NOT LOAD MICROSOFT PATCH MS04-011 if you are running ... Norton Internet Security or PCanywhere or you won't be ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • BEWARE of Microsoft Patch MS04-011 for Lasser Virus
    ... DO NOT LOAD MICROSOFT PATCH MS04-011 if you are running ... Norton Internet Security or PCanywhere or you won't be ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Security Alert: Unofficial IE patches appear on internet
    ... created by a vulnerability is as serious as this case and the available ... Microsoft will be inclined strongly against holding on to this patch. ... Microsoft often have patches ready but wait for the corporate known ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Worm in Patch
    ... a naive and trusting nature in your personality believing that you would ... "receive a patch" instead of getting it from a trusted source..? ... Essentially - Microsoft never emails you a patch. ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ...
  • Re: Why do i keep on receiving shutdown system ?
    ... the Microsoft provided information on the matter can be ... The Symantec Repair utility and manual removal instructions can be found ... The patch that would have prevented this whole fiasco for you: ... If you have Sasser, the Microsoft provided information on the matter can be ...