Re: Question regarding SUS

From: Dave Munday (thehappymundays_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/13/04

    Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 18:26:00 +0200

    Hi you were right as I hadn't been infected the tool didn't need to be
    applied, a logfile sasscln.log passed on the good news

    cheers

    Dave

    "Dave Munday" <thehappymundays@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the link, SUS resources are pretty thin on the ground
    >

    > "serverguy" <nospam@hatespam.com> wrote in message
    > > I am fairly certain the removal tool will only get applied to a machine
    IF
    > > it has been infected with the Sasser worm. Here is a LOT more
    information
    > > about it:
    > >
    > > "Dave Munday" <thehappymundays@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > I hope I've found the right forum
    > > >
    > > > I have installed SUS on a W2k3 server, and successfully synchronized
    > with
    > > > Microsoft patch servers.
    > > >
    > > > I have approved several patches and via a Group policy made one
    > > workstation
    > > > point to my SUS server,
    > > >
    > > > at this point I must admit that my knowledges of patches etc is not
    that
    > > > high
    > > >
    > > > My client recived and installed KB840374 , however I also approved
    > > KB841720
    > > > Sasser (A-F) Worm Removal Tool
    > > >
    > > > should my client also install this second patch
    > > >
    > > > Thanks for any help or reference material
    > > >

    > > > Dave

    • SharewareRadio.com Broadcast - March 30, 2006
      ... Microsoft may get in on Registry cleaning act. ... European Commission ... News from Henk Devos of SharewareBlogs.com. ... Dave is going to be putting out a new monthly newsletter: ...
      (comp.software.shareware.authors)
    • Wed. 10/11 Big Show Synopsis
      ... Dave is reading a newspaper. ... He starts making chitchat with Johnny about Kim Jong Ill. ... I really wish the news media -- particularly the cable news media -- would simply settle down. ... it's absolutely serious that North Korea tested an underground nuclear device. ...
      (alt.fan.letterman)
    • Wed. 9/21 Big Show Synopsis
      ... "See," Dave says. ... Dave was really enthused asking about Edward R. Murrow, Murrow's legacy and McCarthyism, and George kept up rather nicely. ... Did you see the JetBlue plane with the malfunctioning landing gear make that emergency landing last night in LA? ... The way the cable news networks trained their cameras on the plane, following it as it circled before eventually making its approach and landing, seemed kind of macabre, to me. ...
      (alt.fan.letterman)
    • Re: Fri. 10/14 Big Show Synopsis
      ... > *DESK CHAT HIGHLIGHTS* ... > Jets and the Buffalo Bills, welcome die-hard Jets fan Ted Burnside, ladies and ... Dave is confused. ... > Did you see NBC News' Michelle Kosinski's tremendous reporting on yesterday's ...
      (alt.fan.letterman)
    • Re: DAVEWATCH 2000 - Ten Years Later
      ... as Dave begins the second ... segment of his interview with Regis Philbin, ... the angiogram test Friday morning. ... becomes one of the biggest news stories of the day. ...
      (alt.fan.letterman)