Re: How to link a login to a database user

From: Tim (Tim_at_NoSpam.com)
Date: 05/13/04

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 15:59:15 +1200

Hi,

Fireup Enterprise Manager - SQL-EM.

If when adding a New User into the Logons (Security branch) you click the
Inventory database you find that you get the error message (yip that is what
you complain about), then cancel out, open up the Inventory DB, open up
users, and delete User1. Then repeat this process making sure you tick
Inventory database when adding the user back in.

- Tim

"Krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> USER1 is the db_owner of the database INVENTORY. There exists an identical
> SQL Server login name USER1. When I double-click on the login name, in the
> Database Access page, I find that USER1 is permitted to access INVENTORY.
> However, there is no linkage between the login USER1 and database owner
> USER1. The "User" cell at the right of the INVENTORY database is blank in
> the Database Access page. However when I try to enter USER1 into the cell,
> get an error message telling me the user USER1 already exists in
> INVENTORY.
>

> However can I link the login name to the database user name?
>

> TIA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Any Help Please
    ... So in fact when you login as User1, even though User1 exists as a user in the database, the login User1 and the user User1 are not related. ... I had first moved the logins and that seemed to work fine then upon restoring the databases and leaving them at 8.0 compatibility the explicit object permissions are not restored. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Many to Many
    ... the first step in creating a database is to walk away from your computer. ... beginning with the Starting Out and Database Design 101 links. ... > listing of specifics to Inventory Items... ... >> each inventory - your tblInventory already fits that description, ...
  • Re: Please suggest relationships model
    ... If a business owner who has only dabbled in Access came to you wanting a way ... to track his inventory, would you advise him to spend time trying to create ... an inventory database and go to the newsgroups, ... It is wrong in a FREE peer-to-peer newsgroup. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • How to link a login to a database user
    ... USER1 is the db_owner of the database INVENTORY. ... SQL Server login name USER1. ... Database Access page, I find that USER1 is permitted to access INVENTORY. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Please suggest relationships model
    ... newsgroup was not the place to find it. ... Database design is FUN and it is EASY, but if anyone does not have the ... If you saw a post by a business owner where it is obvious he has only ... an inventory database and go to the newsgroups, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)