Re: How do I open up specific ports?

From: Jeff Cochran (jcochran.nospam_at_naplesgov.com)
Date: 05/12/04

Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 21:13:27 GMT

On Wed, 12 May 2004 12:52:33 -0700, "Komodo" <biggecko202@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>How do I tell Windows 2000 Professional to allow incoming
>connections to a specific port (4747)? I've been able to
>find directions for Windows XP, but they don't seem to
>apply to 2k Pro. Thanks in advance.

Windows 2000 doesn't have a built-in firewall, and ports are normally
open unless you closed them. If you need incoming connections and
don't have them, check the firewall you installed.

Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • RE: http-NO (mail,news,messenging..)-yes
    ... The Unknown P wrote: ... Fast connections do not equal fast throughput. ... I have the pc in my workshop, and No http port 80, but I ... I tried IE, Firefox, as well as the windows help system, no luck. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP Home connectivity lost after SP2: NETBT??
    ... There were no other relevant messages ... from listening on port 445, but it also stopped NetBT ... ESTABLISHED connections to 'microsoft-ds' on my computer, ... Is there any way of blocking these connections, since Windows ...
  • Re: Change COM port
    ... software and physically remove your modem so that you can reboot the system ... with DOS and DOS based Windows.. ... I remember the days going> back to DOS 6.22, when in connecting up a modem, it had to> be set, and sometimes jumpered, for appropriate COM port. ... >> connections), ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Windows 2003 RDP will not work with WAN but port 3389 is listening
    ... Windows 2003 Server with SP 2 and port 339879 running and will allow ... RD connections from LAN only. ... There is no evidence on the server ... Windows Firewall ...
  • Re: VNC server on windows, linux client cannot connect
    ... Did that for all the ports in the range 5900-9 with my own firewall down. ... Accept Socket Connections is checked. ... Display or port numbers to display 0 (choosing main port as 5900 and http as ... How do I find out whether this windows machine is running a firewall? ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)