Re: How do I open up specific ports?

From: Scott Harding - MS MVP (scrockel_at_**NO_SPAM**hotmail.com)
Date: 05/12/04

Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:15:52 -0700

Do you have a firewall? Typically all ports are open by default unless you
are using a firewall of some type.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
"Komodo" <biggecko202@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How do I tell Windows 2000 Professional to allow incoming
> connections to a specific port (4747)?  I've been able to
> find directions for Windows XP, but they don't seem to
> apply to 2k Pro.  Thanks in advance.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DCOM 10009 errors on SBS2008 with NAS
    ... make a specific GP rule that allows the ports to that NAS unit. ... The DCOM event id 10009 will occur when a client workstation has a miss-configured firewall or other issues affecting its network communications within the domain, for example if the workstation is not managed by an SBS GPO. ... Depending on your firewall solution this might be implemented or might require opening several ports. ... If the workstation is on a different subnet than the SBS server and it is running Windows XP SP2 or higher, the firewall exceptions provided by the SBS group policies will not properly allow the required connectivity. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: XP SP2 and ports required to view a remote event log
    ... So for Windows XP SP2 with an enabled firewall, to handle this, ... Group Policy Settings Reference for Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 ... Windows Firewall: Allow remote administration exception ... TCP ports 135 and 445. ...
  • Re: [fw-wiz] how prevelant
    ... over the same few ports), and the tendency of script kiddies to run ... Windows attack tools, I tend to suggest that if you open your firewall up ... > it amazing they were passing domain information across the internet. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Windows Firewall on Domain Controllers
    ... Are you talking about Windows 2003 or Windows XP? ... confgured for all the AD ports and you do some voodoo with RPC ports. ... Don't use firewall on a DC, use a diferent machine, if you can don't join ... Global Catalog Server TCP 3269 ...
  • Re: NETFW.INF, Preconfigured Firewall settings and dialogs
    ... it is Windows Server 2003 SP1 firewall that i'm using. ... Using the document '832017 Port Requirements for the Microsoft Windows ... > to achieve the following goal: some ports are open by default and others ...