How do I open up specific ports?

From: Komodo (biggecko202_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/12/04

Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 12:52:33 -0700

How do I tell Windows 2000 Professional to allow incoming
connections to a specific port (4747)? I've been able to
find directions for Windows XP, but they don't seem to
apply to 2k Pro. Thanks in advance.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: keeping ports open
    ... If a port is open, it means that 1) a software or service is running on your ... and 2) you're not using a firewall or your firewall isn't ... Use firewall software and hardware and antivirus software that is ... Follow the instructions for hardening Windows and IIS at ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • [Full-Disclosure] ron1n phone home, episode 4
    ... Hacking from Windows 3.x, 95 and NT ... Use secret Windows 95 DOS commands to track down and port surf computers ... Download hacker tools such as port scanners and password crackers designed ... Now you have the option of eight TCP/IP utilities to play with: telnet, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
    ... > server running on a Windows 2000 server. ... before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... open ports; however, this will not identify which program is using the port. ...
  • RE: http-NO (mail,news,messenging..)-yes
    ... The Unknown P wrote: ... Fast connections do not equal fast throughput. ... I have the pc in my workshop, and No http port 80, but I ... I tried IE, Firefox, as well as the windows help system, no luck. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP Home connectivity lost after SP2: NETBT??
    ... There were no other relevant messages ... from listening on port 445, but it also stopped NetBT ... ESTABLISHED connections to 'microsoft-ds' on my computer, ... Is there any way of blocking these connections, since Windows ...