Re: HOW-TO CREATE MY OWN SSL CERTIFICATE

From: Steven L Umbach (sumbach_at_N0spam.ameritech.net)
Date: 05/08/04

Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 13:05:58 -0500

There is a way for W2003, but I don't know about W2K as shown below.

http://www.visualwin.com/SelfSSL/

You might try to search Google for free or trial SSL certificate as some of
the CA's do offer that if you don't mind filling out a little info.

http://www.thawte.com/ -- link to trial ssl.

Otherwise it is real easy to set up your own CA in W2K and request your own
IIS certificate through Web Enrollment. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/security/advcertsteps.asp
--- set up a CA and Web Enrollment.

"c" <cencami@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys.
> I heard there is a way to create and use your own SSL certificate on your
> mechines. Even they won't be CA certified and whenever you visit the page
it
> will tell you just that.(it is not CA certified)
>
> I tried to make it on my windows 2000 mechine there is a wizard as you all
> know but some how it is not working properly.
>
> IS THERE ANY GOOD TUTORIAL FOR MY PROBLEM? BESIDE " Microsoft Knowledge
Base