No event logs

From: Bob W (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/05/04

    Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 21:22:13 -0700

    I have the same problem with fully updated Windows 2000
    server and Mcafee virus protection on it. The event viewer
    will not log any events and the service is running. When
    you try to remove the filter check boxes in the properties
    of each type of event and apply the changes once you leave
    the properties screen the filter check boxes are checked
    once again as if no changes were made. I'm very concerned
    because our previous admin was just fired and we have
    watched him comming back into the system unauthorized.
    Anyone know the solution for fixing the event viewer logs?

    • Re: RPC Server is unavailable afet installing AD DS: Win Serv 2008
      ... I checked DNS and cleaned up a few things. ... When I restart the problematic server it runs fine for an hour or two during ... some windows event logs using event viewer. ... This happens on logs that I ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
    • Re: Exchange 2000 IS Service and MTA Service wont start, HELP!
      ... Thats the weird part as well, i have NO logs in the event viewer! ... we ran it and exchange saw the domain just fine now. ... >> 20 mins after the server worked, it booted all the clients off the exchange ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
    • Re: SMTP Virtual Server not sending emails to my own domain
      ... "Sean Blaes" wrote: ... it appears it's attempting to send an email to the server ... >> Are you checking the logs on the sending and receiving servers for any ... On ww2, look in Event Viewer, in System, for ID=4006 events. ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
    • Need help
      ... familiar with administering a Microsoft network or server. ... You want to access the Event logs with the Event Viewer. ...
    • RE: isa 2004 & external website access issue
      ... emailed the logs to you as requested. ... each web server has its own public IP ... > headers in ISA Server ... > 'Microsoft Firewall' service. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)