Re: homepage hijacked to "About blank" and search x

From: admin (miriamlassen_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 05/04/04

Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 15:40:17 GMT

"rick" <fowles43@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:7e0701c431af$23a91d60$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Cannot erase this. Tried every spyware . So whenever I
> click on it appears first advertising ironically a spyware
> program then a search engine which keeps changing its
> info.Any ideas????
>
> Thanks

Rick,

Check out www.spywareinfo.com for info on this spyware. Depending on which
version you have, it can be very difficult to remove. Check out the forums
section for removal information. CWShredder.exe can remove older versions,
but newer versions are much harder to remove.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I want to change Search Engine
    ... Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites: ... How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express ... >> panel for searches. ... >> the address bar will now be sent to your preferred search engine. ...
  • Re: Too many programs running
    ... You should also look to spyware as a cause of your computer slowing down.. ... can be found by searching in your search engine of preference.. ... > programs running and dont think I need this many as they slow the puter ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Explain Running Process
    ... these BHO hyjackers & spyware don't usually go about ... you to their search engine or spew out their search results, ... No popups, no changing of home page settings, nothing ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Internet Explorer Search Engine
    ... SEARCH ENGINE still keeps coming up. ... Enable Install On Demand ... >THE PARASITE FIGHT QUICK FIX PROTOCOL ... >Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: homepage hijacked to "About blank" and search x
    ... > Cannot erase this. ... Tried every spyware. ... > program then a search engine which keeps changing its ... Anders:) ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)