Re: MS04-011 not found

From: CG (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/04/04

Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 08:21:09 -0700

Is the failure something like the version is right but the checksum is wrong on ntoskrnl.exe, and is it a multi CPU system? I see this too, seems that hfnetchkpro only likes the rev of the ntoskrnl.exe that gets installed on single CPU boxes. Apparently it only can has one checksum-per-file in the .XML file
See Shavlik's newsgroups, #7361, in hfnetchkpro.
Get the manifest for the patch from the MS KB and check the file manually old-school NT style to be sure.
"DLL Hell" lives forever!

Relevant Pages

  • RE: MSBLASTER Infecting despite 03-026 patch?
    ... > patch manifest was confirmed but the boxes got infected. ... > think the infection came through an email seed, ... **FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit - WhitePapers - Live Demo ...
    (Incidents)
  • RE: Rolling out patches
    ... since it may work for others, and it may be a partial solution for you. ... better off using AD application publishing, SMS, or HFNetChkPro. ... have AD to send my patches to the clients. ... Copy the patch to the local hard drives of every computer that needs it. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: 2.6.18-mm1 compile failure on x86_64
    ... might be getting upset over the patch "note-section" in Andi's queue. ... I've not seen it manifest like this but it would be worth trying Jan's ... Andi removed an identical patch from his queue due ... this seems to be a tool chain age issue. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: KB837009.. same Windows Update every day!!!
    ... > These are included in the patch and as you can see ... > are the same as the ones that the patch would install. ... > manifest doesn't mention this version. ... > It would be useful to show you whether those missing modules ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)