Re: Admin rights on files & folders

From: Davina Smith (SmithDavina_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/03/04

Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 17:39:17 +0100

Hello again,

I'd just like to say I found the cause of the problem was my domain
administrator had access to the folder & files but the local admin didnt. I
have now sorted this issue.
many thanks to Steven L Umbach who's post in :
Re: Setting folder Passwords

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418

thanks

Davina

"Davina Smith" <SmithDavina@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi I have been running an FTP server & set rights for specific users to
> upload to the server. After they have uploaded I wasnt happy with the file
&
> found I couldnt delete open or remove it being the administrator of the
> machine Is there a way I can set the permissions so i can remove the
files..

> Many thanks
>
> Davina

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Blue screen error
    ... That means I need to copy all my files and make myself administrator. ... Could you please upload the crash dump files from you computer to the ... folder. ... Once you upload to these files to the share, ...
  • Re: User Account Suddenly Unaccessable
    ... me that only the Administrator has access to the CWLee profile folder. ... The Sharing tab has "Do not share this folder" checked, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Publishing all pages in Publisher 2003
    ... for some reason the bottom navbar that Publisher produces with its ... folder entirely, because some of your images are indeed on the server: ... upload all the files. ... Then either log on to your host control panel and use the file manager ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Website only views in IE
    ... index.htm file and your index_files folder, direct those files to a folder ... Publisher wizard built navbars rendering in IE8, ... fool proof rule for this but it seems that the fancier the border, ... Be sure to compress your images before you upload again. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: User Account Suddenly Unaccessable
    ... As I started to type the second command, ... I get two error messages. ... Contact your network administrator. ... It tells me that only the Administrator has access to the CWLee profile folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)