need text of certificate

From: djc (noone_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 04/29/04

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:50:04 -0400

I need to obtain the same 'text' of a certificate that I would if I were to
use Verisign, or some other 3rd party certification authority, using
microsoft certificate services (windows 2000 server). How would I go about
doing that?

other info: using the certificates snapin I can request and get a
certificate but the format it opens in is a windows dialog, not just the
text I need. From this properties dialot I can 'copy to file' but again,
that creates files the only open the same type of properties dialog. Just
opening the file in notepad shows a lot of characters that lead me to
believe that is not the text I need. What I am expecting is similar to this:

-------------- BEGIN CERT------------------
KJDAKJDF;AKJDFKADJFADJFASDJFAK
ADJF;KLAJDF;AKJSDF;KASJDFKDFKDJ
ADL;KJFA;DJF;AKSDJF;ASKJDF;ADJF;A
ADKFJ;ASD;FJA;SDFFJ;AKSJDF;AKJDFA
AJ;SDFJKA;SDKJF;ASDFFJ;ALSJDFKDFJ
ETC...
------------- END CERT ---------------------

any help is appreciated. by the way, the cert is for an antivirus smtp
gateway that is managed via browser. It wants me to paste in the text of a
certificate to enable SSL for it's own little http server.

Relevant Pages

  • Access 2003 Runtime With Digital Certificates
    ... only way to add your certificate to the Trusted Publishers list is through ... this publisher and open them automatically'. ... Subsequent open attempts on DB opens without warning. ... Use Remove button on Trusted Publisher tab to remove ourself from Trusted ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Error using E-mail encryption
    ... encrypted emails but when I try to open an encrypted email I get the error ... The sender can encrypt the message but the recipient can't decrypt it because there's no private key anymore. ... When the certificate manager opens, ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Is it possible for me to have an alert pop-up when I open a do
    ... When you open the workbook you will be asked if you want to enable macros. ... Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP ... author using a certificate issued by a Certificate Autority." ... header of the activesheet when the workbook opens. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: ruby certification
    ... add my UW certificate experience to my resume because it opens a line of ... If I am applying for a Ruby programmer position, ... I went into the interview armed with knowledge about him ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • certificate for non-iis server question
    ... I need to obtain the same 'text' of a certificate that I would if I were to ... certificate but the format it opens in is a windows dialog, ... From this properties dialot I can 'copy to file' but again, ... certificate to enable SSL for it's own little http server. ...