Re: Security templates

From: Laura E. Hunter \(MVP\) (hunter(nospamplease)_at_sfs.upenn.edu)
Date: 04/29/04

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:47:47 -0400

Once you've created/modified the security template that you want to use, you
will import it into a Group Policy Object. From the Group Policy Editor
(GPE), go to Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings.
Right-click and choosing Import Policy. This process applies all the
settings you configured in the template to all the computers in the
container (e.g., site, domain, OU) that you link the Group Policy to.

--
******************************
Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP
"Chris Hall" <chris.hall@securityfederalbank.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me how to apply security templates to all PCs in a
> domain?
> We have one domain, with multiple OUs.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Group Policy to allow stopping a service
    ... I do not want non-Domain Admins to stop services on DC. ... I went to Group Policy and under Computer Configuration> Windows Settings> System Services I modified the service I wanted and added Domain Users with Stop, Start, pause rights. ...
  • Re: Problem applying custom Group Policy
    ... I have tested to make some settings in Computer Configuration (in ... Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating System Group Policy Result ... Local Group Policy ...
  • Re: Software Restriction Policies
    ... If you applied it via Group Policy at the domain or Organizational Unit ... default security level to unrestricted or unlink the GPO that is applying ... the settings to the user or computer depending on where the policy is being ... applied - user or computer configuration. ...
  • Re: Group Policy to allow stopping a service
    ... That app shouldn't even be installed on the DC if you ask me ... I went to Group Policy and under Computer Configuration> Windows Settings> System Services I modified the service I wanted and added Domain Users with Stop, Start, pause rights. ...
  • RE: 802.1x Authentication
    ... you can if you work with Group Policy W2K3. ... See Computer Configuration - Windows Settings - Security Settings - Wireless Network node. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)