Auto logoff

From: Ther Richardson (ther_richardson_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/26/04

Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:17:38 -0400

I am trying to find out if MS kept the old feature in Win NT4 Server that
allowed a user with sufficient privileges to prevent auto logoff.
As I recall in NT4 Server, you could set the user to be logged off at say 8
pm, but users could also be allowed to either prevent the logoff snooze the
logoff or log back in after the logoff.

I would like to disconnect all the workstations from my network at say 9 PM
each night, but occasionally directors will be working until the wee hours,
and if I knock them off they are going to pitch a fit

Relevant Pages

  • Auto Logoff
    ... allowed a user with sufficient privileges to prevent auto logoff. ... As I recall in NT4 Server, you could set the user to be logged off at say 8 ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)
  • Re: Auto logoff
    ... but the local machines are Win 98 boxes. ... >> allowed a user with sufficient privileges to prevent auto logoff. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)