Please Help

From: Matt hurst (mhurst_at_madisoncity.k12.al.us)
Date: 04/21/04

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:33:26 -0700

Have you tried taking ownership of that folder? If you
can do that you can reset permissions.
folder
>along with everyone else and I have no idea how to reset
>the rights. I tried doing it from the parent folder but
>the unaccessable folder does not allow it.. Please any
>help would be appreciated
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: recover EFS files from old PC
    ... does not do EFS encryption. ... Post back if taking ownership and letting it reset permissions ... Cant 'take ownership' since i dont see 'security' tab on any of the ... old Documents and Settings folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Changing ownership and granting authority in one swoop
    ... This seems to address the authority, ... The user already creates various files and folder. ... There is no "reset permissions" check box. ... the system gives ownership to the user and them ...
  • Re: Vista UAC and Fox7
    ... very VERY sad. ... and access was denied to the SCX file. ... That sounds as if your form.SCX/SCT are in a folder where the current user ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.forms)
  • Re: Ooops not resolved
    ... I was working backwards, folder ... reset permissions, checking the box to reset permissions on child ... I just discovered that I can open a document if I give the Administrator ...
  • Re: Administrator denied access to folder
    ... If you can't reset permissions to add the administrator account (or relevant ... I examined the properties of the folder and only general ... The folder is on a partition. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)