Re: EFS Recovery for Win2K

From: David Cross [MS] (dcross_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/21/04

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 05:26:15 -0700

Possibly - by default the first admin on the first DC in the domain is the
default domain recovery agent. logon to that DC as admin and check the
certificates MMC to see if you have the DRA cert and key in your profile.

 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/cryptfs.mspx

--
David B. Cross [MS]
http://support.microsoft.com
"Michael" <Michaels@MSGMail.com> wrote in message
> I have data encrypted, need it really, really bad, and
> can't figure out how to decrypt it. I have Created a fresh
> network (Win2K DC Server, Exchange 2000) Can the Domain
> Admin get to this data? Please help.
>
> Thanx

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Admin password being rejected
    ... This is when I created the 2nd admin account, just in case, and then I was able to logon with the 2nd admin account, change the original admin password and then relogon as original. ... Not sure why this has happened - had the server restart itself at 0600 thi morning but nothing indicative of the cause in the logs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: EventID 529 after changing Admin password
    ... Logon Failure: ... Caller User Name: - ... I checked my services and made sure anything using admin had the new ... I even reset the admin password on the client just ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Administrator Cant Log on to Server
    ... Jeff Middleton SBS-MVP ... > Finished installing SBS, rebooted - Darn! ... from bitter> experience I had already configured a backdoor admin account and I could> logon with that. ... I found that I could log on to the domain> as Admin from a workstation, and also Logon as Admin via Terminal Services. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Logon difficulties after IISLockdown crash
    ... Hank, ... you can remove the admin ID from the Web Anonymous Users ... The lockdown process removed the "Logon Locally" right from the account (and ...
  • Re: XP and netlogon script privilages
    ... Restricted Group (Administrators), so that each user was an admin of their ... This seems a crappy way of giving users local admin rights. ... Can this be done for logon scripts ... file that can install it. ...