Re: Run As function

From: Steve Parry [MVP] (k100rs_1990_at_nospam.hotmail.com)
Date: 04/17/04

    Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:21:45 +0100

    Chris W wrote:
    > Is there a way to configure an application shortcut so it will
    > automatically run as a predefined user with a predefined password with
    > out any interaction from the user.
    >
    > I have an application that automatically updates its self and those
    > updates only work if it has administrator rights. But I don't want
    > the users to have administrator rights so I want just that program to
    > have administrator rights. I know how to do it manually with the run
    > as dialog but I don't want the users to have to type in a password
    > and I don't want them to even know the password.
    >
    > Chris W

    would this help any?

    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBG/TIP3200/rh3292.htm

    --
    Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP
    http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

    • Re: Run As function
      ... Chris W wrote: ... > Is there a way to configure an application shortcut so it will ... > I have an application that automatically updates its self and those ... > updates only work if it has administrator rights. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
    • Re: Run As function
      ... Chris W wrote: ... > Is there a way to configure an application shortcut so it will ... > I have an application that automatically updates its self and those ... > updates only work if it has administrator rights. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
    • Re: Run As function
      ... Chris W wrote: ... > Is there a way to configure an application shortcut so it will ... > I have an application that automatically updates its self and those ... > updates only work if it has administrator rights. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Run As function
      ... Is there a way to configure an application shortcut so it will ... I have an application that automatically updates its self and those ... updates only work if it has administrator rights. ... Chris W ...